After virtually 24 hours of non stop flying - we have finally arrived in Ireland! I am beyond tired, but wanted to post this update before heading off to bed. I am pretty sure I will be in a total coma before my head even hits the pillow.
The day awoke with the sun appearing like a giant red ball over the Persian Gulf - what a spectacular sight. Looked like something from Lawrence of Arabia.
Into Abu Dhabi - such an amazing place literally built in the desert. We then had to do a bit of dash to catch our connecting flight to Dublin. Such a miniscule turn around time. It almost felt like we were in an episode of "The Amazing Race".
8 more hours of flying (by this time I was well and truly over it). If someone can come up with a way to comfortably sit in a 1 metre x 1 metre space on a plane for 22 hours - they would make a fortune. Cankles and an aching back are what I have ended up with.
Arrived in Dublin and were met by Alan D. It was great to see a familiar face when we walked through customs. Took off for Galway City on a fantastic highway that links the east to the west. Only took around 2.5 hours - far quicker than the journey Kendall and I made in 2006. It took us 2 days!
Too tired now to write any words that might remotely make any sense - so I'll just upload some photos of the place we are staying in in Galway + some other random shots of Galway City, our first meal in Ireland and a fabulous Irish duo we happened to stumble across on our walk back to the hotel after dinner.
More tomorrow - GOODNIGHT!
Hey guys, great blog!! Just checking to see if that's your natural hair colour???
ReplyDelete