Friday, May 8, 2015

Countdown



We are now officially in countdown mode.   In 24 hours time we will be winging our way to the other side of the world.    My bag is almost packed - talk about a capsule wardrobe!  Does anyone know just how difficult it is trying to fit 3 weeks worth of clothing into a tiny 7 kg carry on bag??!!   For a while there it looked as if my Verali boots would have to miss the trip,  until I figured out I could stuff ALL my underwear + socks + pj's into them.    Amazing what a bit of lateral thinking will do!   Now I've just got to remember where I've put everything.......

Anyway, I'm hoping that I will be able to keep this travel blog updated along the way.   Of course, it is very much dependent on whether I have WIFI access (and whether my SURFACE RT decides to co-operate!)  I'll be really cranky if I lug it all the way to Ireland and Italy , only to find I can't access Blogger.   Fingers crossed - it will all work out okay.

I will upload our Itinerary now,  so that if things go pear shaped, at least you will know where we are.

So here goes :

ITINERARY 

Saturday 9 May    13:00  Leave Cairns             16:25  Arrive Melbourne
                               22:40  Leave Melbourne      06:45 (Sunday)  Arrive Abu Dhabi

Sunday 10 May - Happy Mother's Day!!
                             09:30  Leave Abu Dhabi       14:50  Arrive Dublin

(Hopefully Alan D will be waiting there to collect us from the Airport!!   Otherwise we will have to get a bus (2 hrs) from Dublin to Galway City.)

Sunday 10 May  -  Galway City - checked into the Eyre Square Hotel (I'm sure my head won't even hit the pillow before I'm totally comatosed!)

Monday 11 May -  Check out Galway CIty - there are some fabulous little antique shops I'm dying to scavenge through.   Also looking foward to gazing over "Galway Bay" - I can hear the song now.....

                           -  After lunch, we will drive to Strawberry Hill (Dunmore) to meet up with the Daly
                              clan and have a cup of tea (or three!) around their kitchen table.

Tuesday 12 May - Thursday 14 May  -   Sightseeing around Western Ireland.

Thursday 14 May  - Drive to Dublin in the morning to get connecting flight (Ryan Air) to PISA ,IT
Check into the Hotel Pisa Tower and then hit the tourist trail.

Friday 15 May  -  Catch the train to LUCCA (an historic walled city 1/2 hour from Pisa).
Check into b&b La Casa Del Gufetto.   Hire a couple of bikes and check out the sights.

Saturday 16 May -  Catch the train back to PISA and then onto CERTALDO - the home of Organic Tuscany.

Image result for image of tuscany


Saturday 16 May - Saturday 23 May  -  Organic Tuscany.  Check out the link to the site (just hover over the link) and a detailed program of what we will be doing,  Can't wait!!!!


Saturday 23 May -  Catch the train to VENICE.   Check into Acca Hotel, San Polo, Venice.

Saturday 23 May - Tuesday 26 May -  Explore Venice and hopefully do a day tour to the Dolomites (north of Venice in the Italian Alps)

Tuesday 26 May -  Fly Venice to DUBLIN

Tuesday 26 May - Thursday 28 May - DUBLIN and surrounds

Thursday 28 May  -   Catch the plane to head home.

Saturday 30 May  16:00  -  Arrive CAIRNS

Whew!   I'm exhausted just typing up this Itinerary........   It is certainly going to be a whirlwind trip  - but it is a TRIP of a LIFETIME!   
                        


No comments:

Post a Comment